Something I have been testing out recently is combining gift wrapping with the card I would give to the recipient.
So, with that in mind, I wanted to make card-type designs that can be used as gift toppers. Or perhaps can be made into Valentine’s cards.
To make these, you will need:
- Coloured card
- Die-cut shapes
- Gitter tape
- Metallic markers
- Double-sided sticky tape
- A pair of scissors
Here are some I made;
- Choose the coloured card you would like to use.
- Cut it to fit the top of your gift box – the gift topper can be as big as the top of your box or smaller, it’s completely up to you.
- Stick down 4 strips of the glitter tape as a border around your piece of card – leave a bit of tape over hanging on each side then tuck them under to secure in place.
- Choose the die-cut shapes you’d like to use and first play with the arrangements of these.
- Stick them down onto your gift topper, using double sided sticky tape.
You can give the gift toppers a finishing touch by adding a personalised message to your loved one.
This little DIY is so versatile, you could make these gift toppers for any occasion! If you decide to make these into cards, you will just need to double the length/width of the card. Fold the card in half and add your design to the front.
And there you have it – A gift wrap, a gift tag all in one! x